In response to COVID-19, we have launched ‘Shifting the Story: Centering Refugee Voices During COVID-19’. The program will build the storytelling capacity of refugees who have been impacted by COVID-19 so that they can use their stories to advocate for change in this moment.
The program is divided into 3 parts
1. Developing your story. A workshop on how to use story-based strategy, strengths-based messaging, and how to frame issues on how COVID-19 is impacting refugees.
2. Recording your story. Working with a photographer / videographer to record your stories into content that can be fed into existing campaigns being run on this topic to ensure refugee voices are being included.
3. Making change. Providing ongoing support to use your story to influence policy by engaging with the media and key decision makers.
We are focusing on refugees and people seeking asylum who are experiencing any of the following:
- Precarious work
- Supporting dependents e.g. single mothers
- Don’t have access to medicare or government support e.g. Job Keeper
- Are or have been in detention
If you’d like to be considered, please fill out the below Expression of Interest form before Monday 25 May.
powered by Typeform